We have a big challenge in front of us this summer…raise a new budget: one that more accurately reflects the stage of life we are entering (parenthood).
So, here’s what I love and don’t love about this process.
Some things I dislike about fundraising:
- Being told no
- Feeling like a mooch
- Living in uncertainty
- Potentially seeing people as money signs, not people
Some things I love about fundraising:
- Being told no (builds and reveals character)
- Experiencing God’s economy (people want to give to something important)
- Living by faith (we’ve always had enough)
- Seeing people as partners (there are people all over the country, and even the world, who are helping college students in Boston on their journey back to God…how awesome is that).
2 thoughts on “Some Quick Thoughts on Fundraising (Dedicated to Phil Tatum)”
I really respect and appreciate this blog entry